So you think you know your body?! 24/09 & 27/09 @ West Lothian Libraries
Our lab is taking part in the Borrow a Researcher sessions which are part of the West Lothian Libraries and the Lothian Lugs project. The Lothian Lugs project is funded by the Carnegie UK Trust, Wellcome Trust and the Wolfson Foundation. To find out more about the Borrow a Researcher sessions click here.
When and where?
- West Calder Library, (West Calder, EH55 8BQ), Friday 24th September, 10:30-11:30am
- Whitburn Library, (Whitburn, EH47 0AR), Monday 27th September, 11:00-12:00pm (Duplicate session content)
- Sessions are free to attend
- All in-person sessions can be booked via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booking can also be made in person at library venues
What are we going to talk about?
Did you know that we can “see” and “feel” our body with the mind’s eye - in our brain? We bet that when you wake up every morning, you don’t question if your left arm is really yours. You simply know that your body belongs to you. If you are curious and want to learn more, join us!
We will make you use your imagined body (how far can you stretch your imagined arms?), acquire an additional limb (useful to drink more coffee) and show you where in your brain your body is. Be warned though: you will never think about your body in the same way!
Edinburgh Science Festival, Discovery Trail, 24th of June till 11th of July, Edinburgh, Scotland
Our Lab is taking part in the Edinburgh Science Festival and we have created a very short and fun quiz on How much you know about body representation? Have a look here and beware - you might be surprised by your own knowledge!
Explorathon September 2019, Scotland